Installation of WINS on Windows Server 2012 is straightforward, and no reboot is necessary. To install and configure the WINS feature on a Windows Server 2012 computer, follow these steps:
1. Launch Server Manager from a Windows 2012 server with a full GUI.
2. Select the Dashboard section and click the Add Roles and Features link.
3. Click Next on the Before You Begin page.
4. Leave the default selection Role-Based or Feature-Based Installation and click Next.
5. Select the server from the server pool to add the DNS role to and click Next.
6. Click Next to skip the Roles selection.
7. Select the WINS Server Feature check box, click Add Features button, and then click Next.